Mazda respects the privacy of every individual who provides us with information or visits its Site. This policy sets out the way in which we will use, manage and protect your personal information in accordance with all relevant Australian privacy legislation protecting the rights of individuals.
1. What are the benefits to me of Mazda collecting my information?
2. What information might be collected by Mazda Web Sites?
3. How will Mazda collect and store this information?
4. For how long will Mazda store this information?
5. Where will your Personal Information be stored?
6. How will Mazda use and disclose my personal information?
7. Who does this policy apply to?
8. Mazda's commitment to Children's Privacy.
9. What are cookies?
10. How do I correct information about myself?
11. What about internet & site security?
12. What happens if I choose not to provide Personal Information?
1. What are the benefits to me of Mazda collecting my information? Collecting this information will help Mazda to achieve the following;
(i) To make the Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
(ii) Help us to provide information faster.
(iii) To help us create content more relevant to you.
(iv) To help you quickly find services or information available from Mazda.
(v) Using information to make improvements to the Site.
(vi) Assessing general trends within the Site and its use.
(vii) To alert you to new products, special offers, updated information and other new services that Mazda considers to be of interest to you. Where you have given us your permission we might authorise other companies to contact you directly.
(vii) To display relevant product, offer and service information based on your previous browsing activities within Mazda.com
(ix) To help you to store your favourite media (wallpapers, video, audio), configured cars and preferred dealer information within Mazda.com for your future reference.
2. What information might be collected by Mazda Sites? We may collect personal information from you including your name, age, address, telephone number, email address and current vehicle information. At Mazda, we intend to give you as much control as possible over your personal information. In general, you can visit Mazda on the Web without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. There are times, however, when we may need information from you, such as your name and address. We will let you know before we collect personally identifiable information from you on the Internet.
Before submission of personal information, we will collect anonymous information about how you have used the Site. This is a common standard procedure for any Web Site on the Internet. The information collected does not personally identify you but may be helpful to us for marketing purposes or improving the services we offer.
To improve the services we offer we will also collect anonymous information about the referring website (for example Google search) or the referring banner that leads you to the Site.
If you choose to give Mazda Personal Information via the Internet that we may need -- to correspond with you or provide you with a subscription, for example -- it is our intent to let you know how we will use such information. If you tell us that you do not wish to have this information used as a basis for further contact with you, we will respect your wishes.
3. How will Mazda collect and store this information?The Site can collect information about you in a number of ways; either (a) directly requesting it from you (for example: in regards to a test drive request form, brochure request form or subscribing to the E-brochure email list) or (b) by automatically recording information about your visit to this Site. For example we might collect data regarding your journey through the Site or record the options that you have chosen to take. Information collected in accordance with (b) above will remain anonymous. Information is stored in a secure environment protected by a combination of physical and technical measures. There is no general public access to this information.
4. For how long will Mazda store this information?Mazda will store this information in a secure and protected environment for as long as we believe it will better help us to understand how we can serve you, and respect your wishes. In addition legislation might oblige us to store this information for a certain period of time. To understand how you can amend, or update information stored about you then please refer to the appropriate question in this section.
5. Where will your personal information be stored?Mazda operates in many countries across the world. To enable us to offer consistent service to you, our customers, wherever you may be, we manage our Internet sites from one central site. This is currently in the United Kingdom, but we also utilise web services which are delivered from other countries, including the United States of America. By submitting personal information through this Site you consent to your data being stored anywhere in the world.
6. How will Mazda use and disclose my personal information? We need this information to help us improve our services to you; we want to make it easier to tailor our products and services to your particular needs. Any information collected about you will be used: (1) to fulfil any service you might request; (2) to improve how Mazda as a company serves you; and (3) in the connection with the marketing of Mazda products and services and related products and services.This information will not be disclosed to anyone outside of Mazda , its affiliated or associated companies, and the dealers, agencies and licensees of any of these companies, and any other companies with which Mazda has directly or indirectly arranged services on its behalf, unless such disclosure is required or authorised by law or with your express consent. Your personal information will be treated in accordance with the relevant legal provisions concerning protection of personal information. Your information may be initially stored and processed inside or outside Australia, anywhere in the world.
7. Who does this policy apply to?This policy applies to all of Mazda's individual consumers and corporate visitors who visit the Site. 8. Mazda's Commitment to Children's PrivacyProtecting the privacy of children is important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 16.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come; the "lifetime" of the cookie; and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
Two types of cookies are used on this Site:
Session Cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.Persistent Cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
How cookies are used on this Site and what information is collected?
Session Cookies are used:
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our Site and avoid having to re-enter information. - Within registration to allow you to access stored information.
Persistent Cookies are used:
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (using a number, you cannot be identified personally) when you return to our Site.
- To allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our Site and to help us improve the structure of our Site. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Third Party Cookies
Third parties serve cookies via this Site. These are used for the following purposes:
- To serve advertisements on our Site and track whether these advertisements are clicked on by users.
- To control how often you are shown a particular advertisement.
- To tailor content to your preferences.
- To count the number of anonymous users of our Site.
- To provide security within shopping baskets or transactions.
Some of our Web pages may contain electronic images known as Web Beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web Beacons collect only limited information which includes a cookie number; time and date of a page view; and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides. We may also carry Web Beacons placed by third party advertisers. These Beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign.
With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. If you want to do this, refer to your Browser instructions or help screen to learn more.
10. How do I correct information about myself?
Mazda will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date.This Site allows you to review and update the personal information you have submitted by emailing. Where appropriate, you will also be given the option of cancelling your membership of the service you have subscribed to.
11. What about Internet & Site Security?
The Internet is not a secure system and you should always be cautious about the information you disclose whilst on-line. Mazda will take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Personal information collected by Mazda Sites is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. In some cases, the personal information is encrypted before you conduct your transaction, using appropriate secure technology.
12. What happens if I choose not to provide personal information?
If you choose not to provide Personal Information, you will in most cases still be able to use most of the Site. However you will not be able to access areas that require the submission of personal information or receive the products or services that require this information. Even if you do not submit personal information we will sometimes collect anonymous information about how you have used the Site. This is information that does not personally identify you but which may be helpful for marketing or improving the services we offer.